Baking Basicsclasses and workshops
COST: $250 (scroll down for details)
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
MAXIMUM NO STUDENTS: 4
In this hands on baking workshop you will learn how to make 2 of my most popular chocolate cakes, suitable for different styles of decorated cakes. AND you get to take them home and share them …. or eat them to yourself. In the car. On your way home!
- Learn how to prepare and line your baking tins, to protect your baking beauties from an overcooked edge.
- Learn how to make a medium density chocolate cake suitable for covering with ganache and fondant for a more formal cake
- Learn how to make a moist boiled chocolate cake, perfectly suited for covering with Swiss meringue buttercream for a semi naked style
- tips on how to convert one of these recipes to suit certain types of allergies
- We will make some basic flavoured sugar syrups used in between layers to prevent cakes from drying out.
- Bake a light chocolate cake and 12 cupcakes for decorating
- Finally a soft ganache to pipe in between layers of a naked style cake.
- Recipe booklet
- light snacks
- tea and coffee
- all equipment and tools to use in the class
- apron provided
Please wear enclosed shoes and comfortable clothes.